Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vacationing in Taipei, Taiwan

Ahhh so yesterday (August 5th local time) I arrive in Taipei, Taiwan. The last time I have been here was when I was 5 years old and I vaguely remember anything about Taiwan. I'll be here for almost 3 weeks so I'll try to find some interesting things to talk about. I have a few school friends here so we are going to try to hit up as much as possible before we part.

On the other hand, some things I have noted since my arrival...

1.) Really humid -_-. As a native Californian I already started sweating the minute I exited the airport with all my luggage. It isn't necessarily hot (82 degrees F currently), but the humidity smothers you like no other. Apparently people also blast the AC 24/7 here so it is quite nice indoors.
2.) I arrived just in time for the typhoon season, so when I woke up this morning to heavy rains it was a bit welcoming. Hopefully it will help fight the humid weather I experienced yesterday.
3.) Big trucks and buses have blistering LED lights on the rear that blind me when I was getting a ride from the airport.
4.) Everyone seems to be riding scooters, I think I should rent one too :)
5.) I probably should have continued learning Mandarin, now I feel lost when it comes to reading signs.

Hopefully I'll get some good pictures today though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment